Asian Vegetables Rice Bowl
This recipe puts fresh veggies in their element, sautéeing them in a spicy hoisin peanut sauce. Use your imagination or whatever vegetables you have in the fridge!
- 1 cup brown rice uncooked
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers diced
- 2 cups broccoli flowerets cut into small pieces
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 Dash dried red pepper flakes
- Prepare brown rice according to package directions.
- In the meantime, in a large skillet, heat oil and cook onions, bell peppers, broccoli and snap peas for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in BBQ sauce, hoisin sauce and peanut butter; mix until well blended and hot.
- Fold in prepared rice and serve.
Try this tasty recipe for Asian Vegetables Rice Bowl, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!