A gardener’s mid-season bounty of peppers always has a place in one of our favorite summer meals. Add in fresh zucchini and pasta, and this ratatouille can do no wrong.
- 1 lb gemelli pasta uncooked 16 oz.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 large zucchini chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup ripe tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil chopped or 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt free all-purpose seasoning
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In one large skillet, heat olive oil and cook onions, garlic, zucchini, and peppers for about 3 to 5 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- Add tomato juice and remaining seasonings. Stir and bring to a simmer. Cook uncovered for about 8 to 10 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed. Add tomatoes and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gently fold in prepared pasta.
Try this tasty recipe for Vegetarian Ratatouille, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!