Whole Grain Chickpea Salad Sandwich
This satisfying, flavorful sandwich features fiber-packed chickpeas, veggies, tangy mayo and a hint of curry. One serving has 28% of the daily recommended value of fiber!
- 1 15oz. can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup finely sliced green onion
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Lettuce leaves
- 8 slices whole wheat bread toasted
- Combine chickpeas, mayonnaise and lemon juice in medium bowl; mash with fork. Stir in celery, green onion, curry powder and red bell pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Layer lettuce leaves and chickpea mixture between slices of bread, creating 4 sandwiches.
Send your little ones to school with this nutritious and easy lunch box meal - a Whole Grain Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!