Whole Grain Caprese Sandwich Bites
These colorful bites combine fresh ingredients and healthy whole grains for a well-rounded and convenient lunch on the go.
- 8 slices Roman Meal bread toasted or grilled
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 8 oz Mozzarella cheese cut into ½-inch pieces
- 4 slices Roma tomatoes cut into 4each
- 32 fresh basil leaves
- 8 8-inch Bamboo skewers
- Trim crusts and cut each piece of toast into quarters for a total of 32 pieces.
- Assemble on each skewer: toast quarter, 2 basil leaves, 1 tomato slice, 1 cheese slice and toast quarter. Repeat, for a total of 2 sandwich bites per skewer,
Send your little ones to school with this nutritious and easy lunch box meal - Whole Grain Caprese Sandwich Bites
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!