Turkey and Cucumber Sandwich
These sandwiches, flavored with herbs and spices, are sure to hit the spot. With whole grains, lean protein, and dairy, this well-rounded, MyPlate meal will keep you satisfied all afternoon.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 slices enriched white bread
- 1/2 cup plain fat free yogurt
- 2 fresh dill sprigs chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumbers chopped
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces turkey breast thinly sliced (or you can use fat free, low-sodium deli turkey)
- Additional cucumber slices as desired
- 1/8 teaspoon salt optional
- Mix the yogurt, dill, onion, pepper and chopped cucumbers.
- Divide the yogurt/cucumber mixture on all 8 slices of bread.
- Top the whole wheat bread with turkey and cucumber slices.
- Cover with the white bread slices.
Serving: 1sandwichCalories: 245kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 21gFat: 2gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 317mgPotassium: 203mgFiber: 5gSugar: 8gCalcium: 239mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!