Yup, it's Vegan! A traditional gyro with a makeover in tofu.
- 1 14oz block tofu drained and crumbled, blot dry
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Greek seasoning blend
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- ½ small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 pita breads halved (or naan or flatbreads)
- 4 Tbsp prepared Tzatziki sauce
- Preheat oven 400 and spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine tofu, soy sauce, olive oil, and seasonings to coat and spread on baking sheet in even layer.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes, stirring tofu every 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Assemble the gyros layering lettuce, tofu gyro “meat,” tomatoes, onions and drizzle with sauce.
Serving: 1gyroCalories: 250kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 15gFat: 11gSodium: 430mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!