Yields: 15 rolls
Make any morning sunnier with cinnamon rolls from scratch. A spicy filling studded with raisins and a simple glaze makes these rolls a special treat every time.
- 3-3/4 cups Eagle Mills® All-Purpose Unbleached Flour with Ultragrain® or Eagle Mills® Ultragrain® White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 oz pkgs active dry yeast 1/4each
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup lowfat milk 1%
- 6 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Unsalted Margarine-stick cut into pieces
- 1 egg
- Original PAM® No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Unsalted Margarine-stick melted
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmann's® Unsalted Margarine-stick softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lowfat milk
Try this tasty recipe for Cinnamon Raisin Rolls, which are not only packed with grains but are also under 500 calories.
- Make dough:
- Combine 2 cups of the flour, granulated sugar, salt and yeast in large bowl; mix well.
- Heat water, milk and Fleischmann’s in small saucepan over low heat until very warm (120 to 130°F).
- Add warm liquid and egg to flour mixture. Mix with electric mixer on low speed until moistened; then mix 3 minutes on medium speed. Stir in 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 cups additional flour with spoon until dough pulls cleanly away from side of bowl.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface. Knead dough by pushing down and away with the heels of hands while working in an additional 1/4 cup flour, turning dough a quarter turn between pushes. Repeat pushing and turning until dough is smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; let stand on floured surface 10 minutes.
- Spray 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Roll dough into 20x12-inch rectangle on lightly floured surface.
- For filling:
- Spread melted Fleischmann’s on dough, leaving a 3/4-inch margin on one 20-inch side.
- Combine brown sugar, raisins and cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle evenly over Fleischmann’s. Starting with the 20-inch side with sugar mixture, roll up tightly; pinch seam to seal.
- Cut into 15 slices with serrated knife. Place slices, cut side up, in prepared pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 40 to 55 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F.
- Uncover dough. Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Make icing:
- Blend together confectioners’ sugar, Fleischmann’s, vanilla and milk in small bowl.
- Spread over warm rolls.