Chipotle-Citrus Club Sandwich
Get adventurous with your cold cuts to boost your mental energy at lunchtime, too. We love experimenting with citrus, spice and interesting combinations like this one.
- ½ tablespoon chipotle pepper adobo sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 slices whole grain bread toasted
- 2 large lettuce leaves
- 3 large tomato slices
- 3 slices turkey bacon cooked crisp
- Dash of pepper
- 3 oz. thinly sliced turkey breast
- Combine chipotle pepper, oil and orange juice in small food processor until smooth.
- Spread 1 side of each bread slice with chipotle-citrus sauce.
- Top 1 bread slice with lettuce, tomato and bacon; season with pepper.
- Place another bread slice over bacon; top with turkey and remaining bread slice, sauce side down.
- Insert 1 toothpick near each corner of sandwich; slice diagonally into 4 triangles.
Send your little ones to school with this nutritious and easy lunch box meal - a Chipotle-Citrus Club Sandwich.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!