Caprese Salad-Style Sandwiches
Servings: 2 people
Get the fresh flavors of a caprese salad in a sandwich by pairing mozzarella, ripe tomatoes, aromatic basil and a touch of balsamic vinaigrette on whole wheat deli roll.Print Recipe
- 2 Pepperidge Farm® Deli Flats® Soft 100% Whole Wheat Thin Rolls split and toasted
- 2 green leaf lettuce or romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato cut into 4 slices
- 2 slices fresh mozzarella cheese about 2 ounces
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp reduced fat balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- Divide the lettuce, tomato, cheese and basil between 2 bottom roll halves.
- Drizzle with the dressing.
- Season with the black pepper.
- Top with the top roll halves.
Send your little ones to school with this nutritious and easy lunch box meal - a Caprese Sandwich.