Best of Summer Avocado Veggie Sandwich
Registered Dietitian ReviewedThe ideal sandwich for a summer picnic – or your everyday brown bag lunch. This instant favorite brightens seasonal vegetables with a kick of Italian dressing.
- 1/2 avocado very ripe peeled
- 1 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 4 slices Whole wheat bread
- 2 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 2 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 Roma tomato sliced
- 1/2 cup Cucumber sliced
- 2/3 cup Sweet bell pepper sliced
- Combine avocado, lemon juice and salt in small bowl. Spread mixture evenly over 2 slices of bread.
- Place tomatoes, cucumber and peppers on a covered surface. Drizzle with vinegar.
- Layer lettuce, tomato, cucumbers and peppers evenly between slices of bread, creating 2 sandwiches.
Send your little ones to school with this nutritious and easy lunch box meal – a Best of Summer Avocado Veggie Sandwich.
Serving: 235gCalories: 210kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 8gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 380mgPotassium: 570mgFiber: 8gSugar: 6gCalcium: 82mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!