Best of Summer Avocado Veggie Sandwich
The ideal sandwich for a summer picnic - or your everyday brown bag lunch. This instant favorite brightens seasonal vegetables with a kick of Italian dressing.
- 1/2 avocado very ripe, peeled
- 1 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 2 Lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 8 slices Cucumber
- 12 slices Sweet bell pepper
- Combine avocado, lemon juice and salt in small bowl. Spread mixture evenly over 2 slices of bread.
- Place tomatoes, cucumber and peppers on a covered surface. Drizzle with vinegar.
- Layer lettuce, tomato, cucumbers and peppers evenly between slices of bread, creating 2 sandwiches.
Send your little ones to school with this nutritious and easy lunch box meal - a Best of Summer Avocado Veggie Sandwich.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!