An easy and impressive quick bread recipe for breakfast or brunch.
- Popover or muffin pan
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour sifted
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp butter melted plus extra for buttering popoverpan cups
- ¾ cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Generously butter popover pans
- In a large bowl, beat eggs
- At low speed, add milk
- Add flour and salt and beat until smooth
- Stir in melted butter
- Fill popover cups half full with batter
- Top with shredded cheese
- Pour remaining batter over cheese
- Bake for 50 minutes until puffed and deep golden brown *DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR TO CHECK OR THE POPOVERS MAY FALL!
- Let pans cool 1 minute then loosen each popover with a knife and remove
- Serve hot with butter and/or fresh fruit
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!