Grandma’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you don’t already have a signature chocolate chip cookie recipe, you will now. These all-time favorites are perfect for parties, school and everyday snacking.
- 1 1/2 cups Eagle Mills® All-Purpose Unbleached Flour with Ultragrain® or Eagle Mills® Ultragrain® White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Cream butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, beating until well blended. Gradually add flour mixture beating on low speed after each addition. Stir in chocolate morsels.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheets, 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Serve warm or remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Note: Add 1/2 cup chopped nuts or use toffee chips in the dough for a flavor variation. Make dough ahead of time and store in airtight container in refrigerator; bake as needed. Store baked cookies in an airtight container up to one week.
Try this tasty recipe for Grandma’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookies, which are not only packed with grains but are also under 500 calories.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!