Fruity Thai Pita Pockets
Bored with the same old sandwich at lunch? Liven up packed lunches with this Thai-influenced pita pocket: a surprising blend of fruits, spinach, and peanut sauce tucked in a very portable pita pocket.
- 15 oz canned tropical fruit salad in 100% juice
- 4 whole-grain pita pockets
- 4 cups fresh spinach torn
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro optional
- 3 tablespoons reserved juice from tropical fruit salad
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter crunchy or chunky
- 3 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- In a colander over a bowl, drain fruit salad well; reserve 3 tablespoons juice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together reserved juice, peanut butter, cream cheese, and soy sauce.
- Place drained fruit, spinach, and cilantro (if desired) in a bowl; mix gently.
- Add sauce and toss.
- Slice a small portion off each pita. Tuck the slice inside the bottom of the pita.
- Fill each pita pocket with the fruit-spinach mixture.
- Wrap individually in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Will keep well overnight.
Serving: 1sandwichCalories: 370kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 13gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 550mgPotassium: 597mgFiber: 6gSugar: 13gCalcium: 80mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!