Cinnamon Raisin Rolls
Make any morning sunnier with cinnamon rolls from scratch. A spicy filling studded with raisins and a simple glaze makes these rolls a special treat every time.
- 3-3/4 cups Eagle Mills® All-Purpose Unbleached Flour with Ultragrain® or Eagle Mills® Ultragrain® White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 oz pkgs active dry yeast 1/4each
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup lowfat milk 1%
- 6 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Unsalted Margarine-stick cut into pieces
- 1 egg
- Original PAM® No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Unsalted Margarine-stick melted
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon Fleischmann's® Unsalted Margarine-stick softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lowfat milk
- Make dough:
- Combine 2 cups of the flour, granulated sugar, salt and yeast in large bowl; mix well.
- Heat water, milk and Fleischmann’s in small saucepan over low heat until very warm (120 to 130°F).
- Add warm liquid and egg to flour mixture. Mix with electric mixer on low speed until moistened; then mix 3 minutes on medium speed. Stir in 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 cups additional flour with spoon until dough pulls cleanly away from side of bowl.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface. Knead dough by pushing down and away with the heels of hands while working in an additional 1/4 cup flour, turning dough a quarter turn between pushes. Repeat pushing and turning until dough is smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; let stand on floured surface 10 minutes.
- Spray 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Roll dough into 20x12-inch rectangle on lightly floured surface.
- For filling:
- Spread melted Fleischmann’s on dough, leaving a 3/4-inch margin on one 20-inch side.
- Combine brown sugar, raisins and cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle evenly over Fleischmann’s. Starting with the 20-inch side with sugar mixture, roll up tightly; pinch seam to seal.
- Cut into 15 slices with serrated knife. Place slices, cut side up, in prepared pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 40 to 55 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F.
- Uncover dough. Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Make icing:
- Blend together confectioners’ sugar, Fleischmann’s, vanilla and milk in small bowl.
- Spread over warm rolls.
Try this tasty recipe for Cinnamon Raisin Rolls, which are not only packed with grains but are also under 500 calories.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!