Breakfast Bread Pudding
Dessert for breakfast? Yes you can with thistwist on a dessert favorite!
- 8-inch square (or similar size) glass baking dish
- 3 cups skim milk
- 4 tsp unsalted butter melted
- 1½ tsp cinnamon reserve ½ tsp for garnish
- ½ cup sugar + 1 tablespoon for garnish
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 8 slices white bread cut in large cubes
- 3 eggs beaten or ¾ cup egg substitute
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine milk, butter, teaspoon cinnamon, sugar and salt, and eggs.
- Grease an 8-inch square glass baking dish. Place bread in baking dish and pour over the milk mixture. Try to submerge all bread pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top. Set the baking dish in a larger baking pan and pour hot water in, to about 1-inch of top of the dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Serve with fruit or whipped cream.
Calories: 280kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 9gFat: 10gSodium: 210mgFiber: 1gSugar: 23g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!