Tuscan White Bean and Tuna Sandwiches
Registered Dietitian ReviewedHold the mayo on these tuna sandwiches! Instead, use an oil and vinegar combo to season a tasty spread made with tuna, beans and just a little onion.
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 15 oz. can Small white beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can Solid white albacore tuna packed water, unsalted drained, 5 to 6 ounces
- 1/3 cup Red onion finely chopped
- 4 small Plain ciabatta rolls low-fat, split and toasted
- 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- Beat the oil and vinegar in a small bowl with a fork or whisk.
- Coarsely mash the beans and tuna in a medium bowl with a fork.
- Stir in the onion and half the vinegar mixture.
- Brush the rolls with the remaining vinegar mixture.
- Divide the spinach among the bottom roll halves.
- Top with the tuna mixture and the remaining roll halves.
Send your little ones to school with this nutritious and easy lunch box meal - a Tuscan White Bean and Tuna Sandwich.
Serving: 280gCalories: 430kcalCarbohydrates: 64gProtein: 26gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1.5gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 770mgPotassium: 597mgFiber: 8gSugar: 3gCalcium: 128mgIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!