Tuscan White Bean and Tuna Sandwiches
Hold the mayo on these tuna sandwiches! Instead, use an oil and vinegar combo to season a tasty spread made with tuna, beans and just a little onion.
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 can small white beans rinsed and drained, about 15 ounces
- 1 in can solid white albacore tuna packedwater drained, 5 to 6 ounces
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 Plain Ciabatta Rolls split and toasted
- 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- Beat the oil and vinegar in a small bowl with a fork or whisk.
- Coarsely mash the beans and tuna in a medium bowl with a fork.
- Stir in the onion and half the vinegar mixture.
- Brush the rolls with the remaining vinegar mixture.
- Divide the spinach among the bottom roll halves.
- Top with the tuna mixture and the remaining roll halves.
Send your little ones to school with this nutritious and easy lunch box meal - a Tuscan White Bean and Tuna Sandwich.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!