Tuna-Veggie Picnic Sandwiches
It’s time to raise the bar on the good ol’ tuna sandwich. Boost flavor with lemon juice and Dijon. Seasonal veggies in the mix do double-duty – taste and color!
- 12 ounces albacore tuna
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 6 in leaves Romaine lettuce tornhalf
- 12 slices whole wheat bread
- In a small bowl, mix together tuna, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in carrots, red bell peppers, and celery. Place 6 torn leaves of romaine lettuce on half of the slices of whole wheat bread.
- Spoon tuna mixture on top of the lettuce slices.
- Place another torn lettuce slice on each tuna sandwich and cover with another slice of OROWEAT Double Fiber Bread.
- Wrap sandwiches in colorful plastic wrap or wax paper and keep chilled.
- Your sandwiches are now picnic ready!
Try this tasty recipe for Tuna-Veggie Picnic Sandwiches, which are not only packed with grains but are also under 500 calories.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!