Whole Wheat Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce Casserole
Servings: 4 people
Meat-free Mondays don’t have to mean salad leftovers. Go with a delicious and simple vegetarian pasta. You might just find yourself eating it for the rest of the week.Print Recipe
- 1 box whole wheat penne pasta uncooked, 14.5 oz
- 1 package reduced fat cream cheese 8 oz. 1/3 less fat
- 1 1/2 cup to 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 can seasoned diced tomatoes 28 oz.
- 2 cups low fat Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Fold in marinara sauce and canned tomatoes. Pour into a rectangular 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Try this tasty recipe for Whole Wheat Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce Casserole, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.