The Avocado CLT
Few things bring a sandwich to greatness quicker than adding a slice of avocado. We love it in this combination with whole wheat bread and fresh, crisp veggies.
- 12 Slices whole wheat bread toasted
- 3 Avocados peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 3 European cucumbers peeled and sliced thin
- 1 Romaine heart finely chopped
- 2 Heirloom tomato sliced
- 1/2 cup Green Goddess Spread recipe below
- 1/2 cup Goat Cheese Mousse recipe below
- 1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Green Goddess Spread
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1/2 quart Mixed green herbs (equal parts parsley tarragon and chive)
Goat Cheese Mousse
- 1 quart Goat cheese at room temperature
- 4 oz Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Your favorite fresh seasonal herbs finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Lay out two slices of whole wheat toast on a cutting board.
- Coat the first slice of bread evenly with the Green Goddess Spread. Set aside.
- Spread the second slice of bread evenly with the Goat Cheese Mousse, then layer with cucumber slices. Season lightly with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Next, add the romaine and tomato on top of the cucumber. Again, season lightly with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Then, add slices of avocado and top with the slice of toast with the Green Goddess Spread.
- Stabilize with two wooden skewers and cut in half to serve.
GOAT CHEESE MOUSSE
- In a blender or food processor, add the goat cheese and buttermilk. Puree until smooth, the mixture should be thick. If a blender or food processor is not available, mix together in a large bowl using a rubber spatula. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the fines herbs. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper as necessary
GREEN GODDESS SPREAD
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth and uniformly green in color. If a blender is not available, finely chop the garlic and herbs and then whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl.
Try this tasty recipe for The Avocado CLT, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!