Yields: 24 biscotti
A crunchy biscotti alongside a cup of hot tea or coffee is a sweet simple pleasure. Bring the café experience home with this recipe pairing lemon and white chocolate.
- 2 cups Eagle Mills® All-Purpose Unbleached Flour with Ultragrain®
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Fleischmann’s® Original Margarine-stick softened, 1 stick
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable shortening
Try this tasty recipe for White Chocolate Glazed Lemon Biscotti, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat Fleischmann’s and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, lemon peel and juice; beat just until blended. Stir in flour mixture.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into an 8x3-inch rectangle on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 30 minutes, or until center is firm to the touch. Cool on cookie sheet 15 minutes.
- Cut each rectangle crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices, cut side down, on cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes, turning once, until crisp and edges are lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Place chocolate and shortening in 1 cup microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave on high 1 minute, or until melted, stirring until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over biscotti. Let stand until chocolate is set.