Servings: 4 people
A gardener’s mid-season bounty of peppers always has a place in one of our favorite summer meals. Add in fresh zucchini and pasta, and this ratatouille can do no wrong.Print Recipe
- 1 lb gemelli pasta uncooked 16 oz.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 large zucchini chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup ripe tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil chopped or 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp salt free all-purpose seasoning
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In one large skillet, heat olive oil and cook onions, garlic, zucchini, and peppers for about 3 to 5 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- Add tomato juice and remaining seasonings. Stir and bring to a simmer. Cook uncovered for about 8 to 10 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed. Add tomatoes and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gently fold in prepared pasta.
Try this tasty recipe for Vegetarian Ratatouille, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.