Whole Wheat Apple Spiced Pancakes
This is one super pancake. Featuring warm autumn flavors and a heartiness that keeps you full til lunch, you’ll love the cinnamon, allspice and reduced sugar.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour cup
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients (first 7 ingredients) in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Spray griddle or skillet with non-stick cooking spray. With ½ cup ladle or measuring cup, scoop pancake batter onto greased griddle or skillet. Flip when bubbles appear. Cook until golden brown.
- Serve with ½ cup fresh fruit like strawberries or kiwi.
Try this tasty recipe for Whole Wheat Apple Spiced Pancakes, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!