Spiced Apple Eggo
Topping your waffles with cinnamon-infused apples give them flavor and a shot of fiber. To maximize the fiber in this easy waffle topping, don’t peel the apple.Print Recipe
- 1 small apple, cored and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 waffles Kellogg’s® Eggo® Homestyle waffles
- In small nonstick skillet combine apple, apple juice, raisins and cinnamon. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 3 minutes. Remove lid. Continue simmering for 3 to 5 minutes more or until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Meanwhile, toast KELLOGG’S EGGO Homestyle waffles according to package directions. Spoon apple mixture on top of waffles. Serve immediately.