Servings: 4 people
Nestled inside a layer of flaky pastry you’ll find a heart-healthy salmon fillet seasoned with the brightness of fresh herbs. The best part? It only looks complicated.Print Recipe
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts or 1 package frozen empanada disks thawed if frozen, thawed
- 4 salmon filets 8 oz.
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 egg lightly beaten or ¼ cup egg substitute
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll each crust unto a flat surface. Transfer all four salmon fillets into a large baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, parsley and basil and mix thoroughly.
- Place each fillet on top of each crust piece and spread butter mixture evenly on top of all four salmon fillets.
- Fold crust to form a triangle and pinch crust together firmly to seal, then lightly press edges with a dinner fork for a decorative effect, if desired.
- Dip a pastry brush into beaten egg and brush tops of each crust with beaten egg.
- Bake for about 25 to 28 minutes or until crisp golden brown. May cover lightly with foil paper to avoid over browning.
Try this tasty recipe for Salmon Empanadas, which are not only packed with grains but are also under 500 calories.