Roasted Root Vegetable Panzanella with Roasted Red Pepper Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Servings: 6 servings
This hearty panzanella salad gets an autumnal infusion when toasted bread cubes are tossed with roasted root veggies and a pomegranate-red pepper vinaigrette.Print Recipe
- 1 loaf crusty whole wheat bread 1 lb.
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 large parsnip peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 5 medium carrots peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sumac
- 1 teaspoon aleppo pepper
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb. roasted red peppers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 8 oz. feta crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the loaf of bread into 1-inch cubes. Arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 10 minutes, or until crispy and starting to brown. Set aside.
- Combine the sweet potatoes, parsnip and carrots in a large bowl. Toss with 2 tbsp. of the olive oil, sumac, aleppo pepper, salt and black pepper. Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 30-40 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a food processor, combine the roasted red peppers, 2 tbsp. olive oil, pomegranate molasses and white balsamic vinegar. Puree until smooth. Season with salt to taste.
- Toss the toasted bread cubes with the roasted root veggies, roasted red pepper dressing and feta. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Try this tasty holiday recipe for Roasted Root Vegetable Panzanella.