Yields: 6 servings
Grain Foods Foundation
Bring on the summer picnics: You’ll be ready with this recipe in your back pocket. Tangy low-fat feta and creamy avocado pair up perfectly in this go-to side dish.
- 1 lb. large grain orzo uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups green onions chopped
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- Juice of 1 orange
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 container feta cheese crumbled, 6 oz
- 6 teaspoon fresh marjoram leaves crumbled or 1dried ground
- 2 avocados cubed
Try this tasty recipe for Orzo Salad with Feta Cheese & Avocado, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.
- Prepare orzo according to package directions. Drain and let it cool.
- Gently fold remaining ingredients. Garnish with a marjoram sprigs, if desired. Serve cold.