Miami Chicken Salad Sandwich
Servings: 2 sandwiches
Here’s a chicken salad that doesn’t play by the rules. And with its crunchy almonds, jicama, earthy tarragon and sliced mango, you’ll be glad it doesn’t!Print Recipe
- 2 tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon leaves crushed
- 1 in can Swanson® Premium White Chunk Chicken BreastWater drained, 4.5 ounces
- 1/4 cup slivered almond toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped jicama or celery
- 4 slices Pepperidge Farm® Whole Grain Honey Oat Bread toasted
- 1 mango pitted, peeled and sliced
- 2 green leaf lettuce leaves
- Stir the mayonnaise, sour cream and tarragon in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the chicken, almonds and jicama.
- Divide the chicken mixture evenly between 2 bread slices.
- Top with the mango, lettuce and remaining bread slices.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with a chilled salad of cooked white rice with black beans, cilantro and chopped red onion in a light vinaigrette.
Send your little ones to school with this nutritious and easy lunch box meal - a Miami Chicken Salad Sandwich.