Hawaiian-Style Breakfast Sandwiches
Servings: 4 servings
How about a sweet and salty way to jump-start your day? Stacked with ham, pineapple and tomato, this English muffin will satisfy all your cravings.Print Recipe
- 1/4 cup light cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 8 ounces low-sodium ham or Canadian bacon
- 4 sliced pineapple rings
- 1 Italian plum tomato sliced
- 4 OROWEAT 100% Whole Wheat English Muffins
- 4 slices Muenster cheese garnish
- In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese and apricot preserves; reserve.
- Grill ham (or Canadian bacon), pineapple rings, and tomato slices over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until browned (you can use a specially designed grilling pan/rack to prevent food from falling through the grill).
- Spread the top half of the toasted OROWEAT 100% Whole Wheat English Muffins with the reserved cream cheese mixture.
- Place Muenster cheese on the bottom halves.
- Arrange the grilled ham, pineapple, and tomato slices on the cheese.
- Cover with the top halves and serve.
- To reheat, microwave sandwich for 1 minute, or until warmed through.
Try this tasty recipe for Hawaiian-Style Breakfast Sandwiches, which are not only packed with grains but are also under 500 calories.