Grilled Fish Tacos
Servings: 4 tacos
Mix up your fresh fish routine with our simple and delicious fish tacos. You’ll love the spicy ancho pepper with lime juice and the refreshing change of pace.Print Recipe
- 2 tilapia fillets 8 oz, about 1 pound
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ancho chile
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice divided
- 1/3 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro divided
- 3 cups shredded lettuce or coleslaw
- 4 corn tortillas warmed
- 1/2 cup Mexican style cheese finely shredded
- 1 avocado sliced
- Sprinkle tilapia fillets with 1tablespoon lime juice; rub with garlic powder and chile seasoning.
- In a medium skillet, spray with non-stick cooking spray and cook seasoned filets over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with fork, drizzling fish with 1 tablespoon of the remaining lime juice for the last minute. Flake with fork into bite-size pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, remaining lime juice and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Add to lettuce; gently fold all the ingredients.
- To serve, build tortillas with lettuce mix, prepared fish, cheese and remaining cilantro. Top with a couple avocado slices.
Try this tasty recipe for Grilled Fish Tacos, which are not only packed with grains but are also under 500 calories.