Yields: 36 cookies
Spicy ginger, plump raisins and hearty oatmeal are so good in our favorite chewy oatmeal cookies that we have a hard time remembering they don’t count as breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups Eagle Mills® All-Purpose Unbleached Flour with Ultragrain® or Eagle Mills® Ultragrain® White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened (1= 2 sticks)
- 1-1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup raisins
Try this tasty recipe for Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, which are not only packed with grains but are also under 500 calories.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes or until creamy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until well blended after each addition. Add vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture beating on low speed after each addition. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheets, 1-1/2 inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet 1 minute; remove to wire rack. Serve warm, if desired, or cool completely.
- Note: For reduced calories and a more cake-like texture, use only 1/2 cup or one stick of butter.