The crumbly texture of a proper scone is absolutely addictive. If you’re not familiar with the feeling, our version with raisins and cinnamon sugar will convince you.
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter cut into small pieces 1 stick
- 1/3 cup fat free milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten or ¼ cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup raisins or any small dried fruit
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients. Add butter and mix until the dough is crumbly.
- Stir in milk, egg and raisins. Knead for a few minutes until all ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough unto cookie sheet and spread to form an 8 to10-inch circle. With a butter knife, cut circle into 8 triangles. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Try this tasty recipe for Raisin Scones, which are not only packed with grains but are also under 500 calories.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!