Cheesy Black Bean Toast with Pico de Gallo (Molcahetes)
Servings: 4 people
Beans are an oft-overlooked sandwich topping that pairs perfectly with cheese, salsa and other sandwich standbys. See for yourself with this quick and easy recipe.Print Recipe
- 6 in. bolillos or large Kaiser rolls sliced in half, lengthwise
- 1 can seasoned low fat refried black beans 16 oz
- 2 cups shredded Chihuahua cheese or Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 6 tomatoes preferably Roma (or 3 large tomatoes) diced
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 2 serrano or jalapeño peppers finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 Juice of 1 lime
- 1/8 tsp oregano finely crushed
- 1/8 tsp salt optional
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 Hass avocado diced
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the salsa ingredients; set aside.
- On a medium platter, split the rolls. With a medium spatula, spread refried beans onto each half bread; sprinkle cheese among all the breads.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and hot.
Try this tasty recipe for Cheesy Black Bean Toast with Pico de Gallo, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.