Yields: 12 muffins
Welcome morning with the energizing blend of lemon and blueberries in these wake-up muffins. With their hint of tangy yogurt, you won’t want to limit them to breakfast
- Original PAM® No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Eagle Mills® All-Purpose Unbleached Flour with Ultragrain® or Eagle Mills® Ultragrain® White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats uncooked
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 4 tablespoons Fleischmann's® Unsalted Margarine-stick melted
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen, thawed & drained
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel zest
Try this tasty recipe for Blueberry-Lemon Yogurt Muffins, which are not only packed with grains but are also under 500 calories.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray 12-cup regular muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Blend together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Stir together yogurt, Fleischmann’s, Egg Beaters and vanilla in small bowl. Pour yogurt mixture into center of dry ingredients; stir just until blended using rubber spatula. Do not over mix. Fold in blueberries and lemon peel.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared muffin cups. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan. Remove from muffin cups and cool completely on wire rack.