Baked Mushroom Broccoli Stroganoff
Servings: 8 servings
This vegetarian twist on a classic comfort dish combines fresh mushrooms with creamy monterey jack cheese topped with crunchy homemade bread crumbs.Print Recipe
- 8 slices Aunt Millie’s Hearth 12 Grain Bread freshly crumbled
- 4 tbsp. butter divided
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 package mushrooms sliced, 8 oz.
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 c. sour cream
- ¼ c. white wine
- 1 c. Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 c. cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 packages of frozen broccoli 16 oz.
- 1 package of egg noodles 12 oz.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet and add the onions and mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add basil, sour cream, wine, and cheeses.
- Place broccoli in a microwave-safe dish, and steam in the microwave for 7-10 minutes.
- While broccoli is cooking, cook the noodles in a pot of boiling, salted water. Drain thoroughly when al dente. Do not overcook (the noodles will be baked).
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream mixture, broccoli, and the noodles. Toss well and place into a large baking dish.
- Melt the remaining 2 Tbsp. butter, and add the bread crumbs. Toss well to ensure the bread is coated with butter.
- Top broccoli and noodles with fresh bread crumbs.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, until bubbling and bread crumbs are brown.
Try savory Baked Mushroom Broccoli Stroganoff recipe from Grains Food Foundation and Aunt Millies for vegetarian comfort dish.