Pesto Grilled Cheese
This is not your kids’ grilled cheese: Garlicky pesto, swiss and tomato take the schoolyard staple to a whole new level. One that’s right for grown-up tastes
- 2 slices Aunt Millie’s Organic Indian Grain Bread
- 1 1/2 ounce reduced-fat swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 4 slices Roma tomato
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Spray one side of one slice of bread with nonstick butter-flavored cooking spray and place in heated skillet.
- Place cheese on top of bread in skillet and top with tomato slices. Spread pesto on second slice of bread.
- Place this slice, pesto side down on top of sandwich in skillet.
- Spray second slice of bread with nonstick butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Cook sandwich until slightly brown (about 3-4 minutes).
- Turn sandwich over and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until brown and cheese is melted.
Try this tasty recipe for Pesto Grilled Cheese, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!