Panzanella Bagel Salad
Nothing starts a meal like a creative salad. Our panzanella bagel salad is simply a favorite, featuring crunchy bagel chips, plenty of fresh veggies and a tangy homemade vinaigrette.
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 1/4 cups canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup Cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion diced
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 bagels cut into 2-inch pieces, toasted, 4 oz.
- Additional Parmesan cheese and assorted greens optional
- In a medium bowl, mix, tomatoes, canned tomatoes with juice, green pepper, cucumber, onion, cheese, vinegar and basil.
- Add toasted bagel pieces; toss gently. Marinate, covered, in refrigerator for 1 hour. Serve within 1 hour after marinating. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese and serve on a bed of assorted greens, if desired.
Try this tasty recipe for Panzanella Bagel Salad, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!