Hummus Mushroom Toast
This toast combines beans in hummus with whole grains in the bread for a complete plant-based protein. It works well as breakfast, a snack or a light lunch or dinner.
- 2 tsp olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 8 oz. Simple Truth Organic™ Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 oz. Simple Truth Organic™ Baby Spinach
- 8 slices Simple Truth Organic® Multi-Seed Bread toasted
- 8 tbsp Simple Truth Organic™ Garlic Hummus
- 4 tsp pine nuts toasted
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and salt; cook 4-6 minutes or until tender and excess liquid has evaporated. Add spinach and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until wilted. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of hummus on each slice of toast. Top with mushroom mixture, sprinkle with pine nuts and drizzle with additional olive oil if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!