Grilled Cinnamon French Toast with Granola Crunch
There’s just something about French toast: the crunchy granola garnish, cinnamon’s spicy depth and the cool sweetness of berries on top. Why wait until the weekend?
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 Banana thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 4 slices OROWEAT Health Nut Bread
- 1/4 cup granola cereal for garnish
- For the sauce, stir together orange juice, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, strawberries, and banana in a saucepan. Simmer over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes, or until flavors have combined, stirring occasionally. In a shallow bowl, whisk together milk, egg, and cinnamon. Dip slices of OROWEAT Health Nut Bread into the milk mixture and cook on a flat griddle (or grill) over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Serve French toast with strawberry-banana sauce and top with a sprinkle of granola for garnish.
Try this tasty recipe for Grilled Cinnamon French Toast with Granola Crunch, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!