Goat Cheese, Black Pepper, and Honey Popovers
Bring your appetizers up a notch with these smoky-sweet popovers that are sure to please your crowd. They’ll never know the recipe only takes a few minutes of prep work.
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces Goat cheese room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- Preheat oven to 450°F, with an oven rack in the lower third of the oven. Preheat a muffin tin in the oven while you prepare the batter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Whisk for a minute so that the mixture becomes frothy.
- Sprinkle the flour, salt and black pepper over the top. Whisk until well combined. There may be some small lumps remaining.
- In a small bowl, mix together the goat cheese and honey.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven and spray with cooking spray. Divide the batter among the cups, filling them about 3/4 full. Drop about a teaspoon of goat cheese into the center of each cup, dividing it evenly.
- Bake popovers for 15 minutes at 450°F. Lower heat to 350°F and bake for another 15 - 20 minutes more, until puffed up and browned all over. Immediately turn out onto a wire rack when done. Serve immediately.
Try this tasty holiday recipe for Goat Cheese, Black Pepper and Honey Popovers.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!