Chicken Pot Pie
Quick & easy comfort food. Use your favorite refrigerated biscuits as a short cut.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter frozen & grated
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup white onion chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1-3/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ cup skim milk
- 2-1/2 cups shredded chicken or meat alternative
- 1 (12 oz) bag frozen mix vegetables
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, and salt together. Add grated butter and mix into the flour. Add milk and continue to mix all the ingredients together until you form a ball. Kneed with your hands for a few minutes and cut into 12 biscuits. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper and continue to mix until flour is dissolved.
- Gradually, add broth and milk.
- Add chicken and mixed vegetables and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and pour into a deep pie pan
- Top with uncooked biscuit pieces.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Let stand before serving.
Serving: 1cupCalories: 560kcalCarbohydrates: 46gProtein: 26gFat: 30gSodium: 1160mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!