Butternut Mushroom and Kale Dressing
This savory comfort dish is jammed packed with vitamins that will help you stay healthy this holiday season without skimping on flavor.
- 4 cups cubed bread about half a loaf
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash a small squash
- 1/2 lb shitake mushrooms trimmed and sliced
- 1 large bunch of kale trimmed and chopped
- ~7 fresh sage leaves minced
- 2 cloves of garlic pressed
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Cooking oil as needed
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Toss cubed squash in cooking oil and roast for about 40 minutes, until it begins to brown and is fork tender.
- Turn oven heat down to 350*.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet and sauté mushrooms until they begin to brown.
- Add sage and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add kale and cook until kale is wilted down.
- Toss bread, squash and cooked mushrooms and kale together into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Pour broth over top.
- Cover with a lid or foil and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, add Parmesan cheese and bake for 10-15 more minutes or until top is crispy.
- Read more at http://www.katheats.com/butternut-mushroom-and-kale-dressing#e5ZJSKp8035cmjlz.99
Butternut squash, mushrooms and kale combine with whole grains for a hearty dressing in this recipe by Kath Younger, blogger at Kath Eats Real Food. Kath is a registered dietitian who is "eating and blogging her way through life." Her blog is a popular resource to find a variety of health topics and slices of her life.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!