Baked Mushroom Broccoli Stroganoff
This vegetarian twist on a classic comfort dish combines fresh mushrooms with creamy monterey jack cheese topped with crunchy homemade bread crumbs.
- 8 slices Aunt Millie’s Hearth 12 Grain Bread freshly crumbled
- 4 tbsp. butter divided
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 package mushrooms sliced, 8 oz.
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 c. sour cream
- ¼ c. white wine
- 1 c. Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 c. cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 packages of frozen broccoli 16 oz.
- 1 package of egg noodles 12 oz.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet and add the onions and mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add basil, sour cream, wine, and cheeses.
- Place broccoli in a microwave-safe dish, and steam in the microwave for 7-10 minutes.
- While broccoli is cooking, cook the noodles in a pot of boiling, salted water. Drain thoroughly when al dente. Do not overcook (the noodles will be baked).
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream mixture, broccoli, and the noodles. Toss well and place into a large baking dish.
- Melt the remaining 2 Tbsp. butter, and add the bread crumbs. Toss well to ensure the bread is coated with butter.
- Top broccoli and noodles with fresh bread crumbs.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, until bubbling and bread crumbs are brown.
Try savory Baked Mushroom Broccoli Stroganoff recipe from Grains Food Foundation and Aunt Millies for vegetarian comfort dish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!