Yields: 6 servings
Have all the ooy-gooey deliciousness of apple pie without all the fuss. This simple dessert will have everyone begging for seconds.
- 4 slices Aunt Millie’s Healthy Goodness Light Whole Grain Bread cubed and lightly toasted
- 6 Apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 c. butter melted
The easy and delicious Apple Brown Betty recipe from Aunt Millies uses their Light Whole Grain Bread and tastes like apple pie without all the work.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Place apples into a baking dish.
- Top with the toasted bread cubes, and drizzle the top with melted butter.
- Cover pan with foil, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy hot from the oven.