Vegetable and Shrimp Spanish Rice
- 8 oz Grilled Shrimp frozen
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil or Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Long Grain White Rice uncooked
- 2 cups Fat-free Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 cup Green Onions sliced
- 1 medium Tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup Green or Black Olives sliced
- Prepare grilled shrimp according to package directions, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil and sauté rice for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly golden, stir frequently.
- Stir in chicken broth, hot pepper sauce and turmeric; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer about 15 minutes or until most of the broth is absorbed.
- Stir in peas, green onions, tomatoes, olives and prepared shrimp; cover and simmer for another 5 minutes or until rice is done.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!