Tomato and Mozzarella Pizza
Any night can be pizza night when you trade delivery for a simple homemade pie! Go with traditional basil and mozzarella on top or get creative for a signature pizza.
- 3 cups Eagle Mills® All-Purpose Unbleached Flour with Ultragrain® or Eagle Mills® Ultragrain® White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 pkg active dry yeast 1/4 oz
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water 120 to 130°F
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- PAM® Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese 3= 12 oz
- 1 can Hunt’s® Whole Peeled Tomatoes drained, sliced, 14.5 oz
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Combine 2 cups of the flour, yeast and salt in large bowl. Add water and oil. Mix with electric mixer on low speed until moistened; then mix 3 minutes on medium speed. Stir in 3/4 cup additional flour with spoon until dough pulls cleanly away from side of bowl.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface. Knead dough by pushing down and away with the heels of hands while working in an additional 1/4 to 1/2 cup flour, turning dough a quarter turn between pushes. Repeat pushing and turning until dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 to 6 minutes. Divide dough in half. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let stand on floured surface 10 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray two 11- or 12-inch pizza pans or baking sheets with cooking spray. Roll one piece of dough into 12-inch circle on lightly poured surface. Transfer dough to prepared pan. Fold about 1/4 inch of outer edge underneath circle and pinch together to form a rim or rolled edge. Prick dough generously with fork; do not let rise. Repeat with remaining piece of dough.
- Spray crusts evenly with cooking spray. Sprinkle each crust with 1 1/2 cups cheese. Top each with half of the tomatoes and basil.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until cheese melts and is bubbly. Cut each pizza into 6 slices to serve.
Try this tasty recipe for a Tomato and Mozzarella Pizza, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!