Tomato and Garlic Bread Soup
Delicious and hearty, this quick vegetarian soup is light on calories and packed with nutritious fresh vegetables and herbs.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup Diced yellow onion
- ½ tsp fresh garlic minced
- ¼ tsp Dried red pepper flakes
- 2 cups Low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can 14.5oz Italian-style crushed tomatoes undrained
- 4 slices Roman Meal bread toasted and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 3 tbsp fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese shaved (optional)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook 3 to 5 minutes until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add broth, tomatoes and bread cubes. Cook until simmering, stirring occasionally. Stir in basil.
- Divide into 4 bowls. Top with cheese and additional basil if desired.
Send your little ones to school with this nutritious and easy lunch box meal - Tomato and Garlic Bread Soup
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!