Tempting Tuna Pockets
Heart-healthy tuna is always a good choice - especially with crunchy apples and raisins. This flavor-packed recipe adds curry spice and lemon juice for an extra kick!
- 1 can chunk white tunawater drained, 6 1/8 ounces
- 1/4 cup diced red apple
- 1/3 cup California raisins
- 2 tablespoons sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons Sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup regular or reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pita breads cuthalf to make pockets, 7-inch
- Green leaf lettuce or spinach leaves
- In medium bowl, mix tuna, apple, raisins, celery and onions.
- Stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry, salt and pepper; blend thoroughly.
- Line each pita half with lettuce leaves; stuff with tuna mixture, dividing equally.
Send your little ones to school with this nutritious and easy lunch box meal - Tempting Tuna Pockets
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!