There’s nothing fishy about this fun and filling tuna sandwich. While it’s posing as a sushi roll, it’s packed with crunchy veggies and tuna salad to keep you going
- 1 3 oz can solid white tuna packed in water
- 1 Tbsp lowfat mayonnaise
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 slices white or whole wheat bread
- 2 4-inch long x 1/4 inch wide carrot sticks or 1 coarsely shredded carrot
- Drain tuna and mash with a fork.
- Stir in mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Trim crusts from bread and roll out bread using a rolling pin until it is flattened to about 1/16 inch.
- Spoon one half of the tuna in a log down the middle of each slice of bread, arrange a carrot stick or half of the shredded carrot in the middle of the tuna and roll up the bread tightly to enclose the filling.
- Cut each roll crosswise into 4 pieces and arrange cut side up in one layer in a container. Cover tightly.
Variation: Spread a little mayonnaise or mustard on the bread. Stack a thin slice of turkey and a thin slice of Swiss cheese on a work surface; place a thin strip of pickle or red bell pepper at one end of the stack and roll the ham and cheese around the pickle. Place the roll on the bread; roll up and proceed as above.
Serving: 8sushi pieces
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!