Warm Peach and Blueberry Fruit Crisp
Servings: 6 servings
For a simple dessert that only looks like it took all day, go with the tried-and-true combo of peaches and blueberries. Strapped for time? Substitute frozen fruit for fresh.Print Recipe
- 4 cups sliced peaches fresh or frozen
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 slices OROWEAT Whole Grain & Oat Bread torn
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In an 8-inch baking pan, stir together peaches, blueberries, orange juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, honey, and nutmeg.
- In a food processor, process the OROWEAT Whole Grain & Oat Bread and cinnamon for 5 to 10 seconds, until it forms soft breadcrumbs.
- Add pecans and process for 5 seconds to combine.
- Spread mixture on top of fruit. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and mixture is bubbly.
Try this tasty recipe for Warm Peach and Blueberry Fruit Crisp, which is not only packed with grains but is also under 500 calories.