Rustic Italian Flat Bread
Servings: 4 sandwiches
Whole grain bread topped with tomatoes, artichokes, cheese and fresh basil makes for an easy pizza and a delightful light meal.Print Recipe
- 4 slices Roman Meal Rustic Italian 100% Whole Grain Bread
- 16 in cherry tomatoes slicedhalf
- 3 in Whole canned artichoke hearts cutquarters
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup Grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Prepared pasta sauce
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 4 slices Prosciutto ham optional
- Preheat broiler to 400 F. Foil-line one baking sheet.
- Place bread on baking sheet. Broil about 1 minute on one side, until lightly toasted. Remove from oven.
- Turn bread over and top untoasted side with tomatoes, artichokes, onion and cheese, dividing evenly between slices of bread. Return to oven for about 1 minute, until cheese is melted. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
- Top bread with pasta sauce, prosciutto and fresh basil, dividing evenly between slices of bread.
Send your little ones to school with this nutritious and easy lunch box meal - Rustic Italian Flat Bread